Flexible and differentiated scale practice for ensemble or individual practice!
- Each set of scales and octaves is transposed and curated specifically for the intended instrument
- The most APPROACHABLE octaves for each scale are notated with "Big Notes"
- Octaves that in EXTENDED ranges are notated with "Little Notes"
- In an ensemble setting, less advanced players use approachable octave, more advanced players use extended ranges
- Scales can be referred to by number, concert or transposed pitch and ordered using the Circle of 4ths
Less advanced players can play the lower octave (above) or higher octave (below) depending on which is most approachable for each given instrument. Meanwhile, more advanced players can play extended ranges simultaneously in an ensemble setting.
ASSESSMENT AND "CHECK OFF"
Students and teachers can track progress and mastery of scales on back of sheet